Since its installation on September 1, 2020, the ChargePoint® electric vehicle charging station in front of the township complex’s Public Works Department building has been getting a workout while improving the environment. Fifty-two different vehicles have used it thus far, receiving over 500 kw of energy. Data from the ChargePoint dashboard attest to the benefit: almost 300 kilograms of carbon dioxide have been prevented from entering the atmosphere—analogous to planting eight trees and letting them grow for 10 years!
A second station will open soon at Community Park, 1023 Fern Hill Road. Both charging stations were partially funded through the Volkswagen Emissions grant program.