Friends of West Goshen Parks
7:00 pm on the 1st Thursday in:
West Goshen Township Administration Building
Board of Directors Meetings are open for any members of The Friends of West Goshen Parks to attend. The General Membership Meeting is held on the first Thursday in May at 7 pm. Additional meetings are held on an as-needed basis.
Board of Directors
- John Herley, President
- Larue Morgan, Vice-President
- Maria Janoski, Treasurer
- Susan Batten, Secretary
- Jerry Napiecek, Member
- Peggy Niemeyer, Member
The Friends of West Goshen Parks is a non-profit group assisting the West Goshen Township Park and Recreation Board.
Events don't just happen; they require the efforts of many. The Friends of the West Goshen Parks have the opportunity participate in the planning and volunteering of time at events. Members of The Friends of West Goshen Parks range from all ages and have been responsible for putting smiles on the faces of neighbors attending activities in the park.
You can help The Friends of West Goshen Parks by becoming a member!
Application & Donation
Joining The Friends of West Goshen Parks is easy. A 1 year membership with The Friends costs just $10 per family, so you need only fill out a Membership Application (PDF) and mail it with a $10 check made payable to:
The Friends of West Goshen Parks, Inc.
P.O. Box 441
West Chester, PA 19381
Your donation supports events throughout the year, such as the Summer Music Series and Community Day. It also helps defray the cost of mailings to members of upcoming events. In the past year, donations have also supported the purchase of playground equipment for Community and Coopersmith Parks, and bulletin board for Lambert Park.
The Friends of West Goshen Parks, Inc. offer many exciting opportunities for members to get involved with. These include:
- Becoming an Officer or Join the Board of Directors: The Friends of West Goshen Parks welcomes new members. Officers serve a 2-year term, attend 6 meetings per year, and volunteer an average of 1 to 2 hours per month
- Fundraising: all events taking place in West Goshen Parks are free and open to the public. This is only possible through the fundraising efforts of The Friends of West Goshen Parks, Inc. The Friends of West Goshen Parks offers members a chance to meet business leaders in the community, and involve them in events that benefit the commercial and private residents of West Goshen
- Event Planning: The Friends of West Goshen Parks, Inc. works closely with the Park and Recreation Board to plan township events
- Event Participation: during events, The Friends of West Goshen Parks provide information to visitors and assist the Park and Recreation staff in assuring an entertaining time for all participants
- Advertising and Publicity: from "The Park Press" (the official newsletter of The Friends of West Goshen Parks) to distributing fliers, The Friends of West Goshen Parks are vital when it comes to informing the community of upcoming events
To get involved, contact The Friends of West Goshen Parks at 610-696-5266.