The elected Tax Collector mails Real Estate Tax bills to property owners by March 1 of each year. The tax bill is computed by multiplying the tax rate, set by the Board of Supervisors of West Goshen Township, with the assessed value of the property.
The assessed value is determined by the Chester County Assessment Department.
Millage & Taxes
- Emergency and Municipal Services Tax: $52
- Municipal Earned Income Tax: 0.5%
- Municipal Millage Rate: 2 mills
- School Earned Income Tax: 0.5%
- School Millage Rate: 20.68 mills
- Transfer Tax: 0.5%
Supporting Township Operations
Real Estate Taxes, the Earned Income Taxes, and Transfer Taxes (levied at 1/2% on real estate sales in the Township) make up approximately 83% of the yearly income needed to support Township operations. Other income is derived from:
- Fees for building, plumbing, and zoning permits
- Interest on investments
- State aid, such as Liquid Fuels allocations
Coronavirus Tax Updates
Local Real Estate Tax payments due dates:
- 2% discount period ends April 30th
- Face amount is due by October 31st
- Penalty period is November 1st through December 31st
Local Earned Income Tax
Due to coronavirus and keeping with state and federal tax due dates, Keystone Collections Group, the township's Earned Income Tax Administrator, has extended the due date for filing to July 15, 2020. All taxes paid by Township employers, quarterly estimates from residents, and final returns should be mailed directly to Keystone Collections Group.
Any questions regarding these taxes should also be directed to the Keystone Collections Group website or by calling 724-978-0300.